Sunday, July 19, 2009

Quick Fix Idea: Fajitas


When life gets busy and you have little time to cook, consider making this quick fix meal before heading out to the fast food joint. It's healthy and requires little time and effort.

The only thing in this meal that requires cooking are the veggies. Grab whatever veggies you have lying around in the fridge, chop them up and saute them with some olive oil and garlic. Bell peppers, onions, zucchinis, and mushrooms work really well in this dish, but you can use any of your favorite veggies. You can also add some chicken to it for a more hearty meal. In the pasta aisle of the grocery store are packages of pre-made spices. There's a special package for fajitas! It's called "Fajita Seasoning Mix." Next time you're at the grocery store, grab a few packs so that you'll have them handy. Mix the seasoning into your veggies and saute until everything is completely cooked through.

The rest of the components of this meal are completely store-bought! Get some flour tortillas and pop them into the microwave. Get tortilla chips, salsa, cheese, beans, and sour cream. You can also buy pre-made guacamole! The first time I saw it packaged in air-tight plastic baggies and boxed, I thought, "ew, this looks like it would be gross." However, I was short on time that day and desperate, so I grabbed a box. It's actually really yummy! Put everything out in bowls, so people can assemble their own fajitas.

To make simple nachos as a side dish, place tortilla chips on a plate and sprinkle with garlic salt and cheese. Pop it in the microwave for a few seconds until the cheese melts. This is how I used to roll in college! =)

This healthy and great tasting meal will take you literally 15-20 minutes to make! Way better than fast food!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Judy, thank you for following my blog and for the lovely comment! Your Fajitas looks great; I'm smiling right now because I've made some Fajitas too, a little different!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Judy,thanks for visiting me.......you have a nice blog too! I'm glad u liked my blog! I love fajitas and ur fajitas look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails